Azure Backup service has now expanded to all the non-government regions in United States and Brazil to cater to the ongoing demand from customers. With the addition of these 5 new regions highlighted below (green dots), Azure Backup is now available in 17 regions worldwide.
The white dots in the above picture represent the regions where Azure Backup is already available (Australia East, Australia Southeast, East Asia, East US, Japan East, Japan West, North Europe, Southeast Asia, West Europe, West US, North East China, East China).
Azure Backup provides the choice of region to store the backup data at the time of creation of backup vault.
These new regions provide all the functionality available in the Azure Backup service:
- Backup the files and folders from Windows Servers and Windows Clients
- Seamlessly integrates with System Center Data Protection Manager to backup all the critical applications including SharePoint, Exchange & SQL; Files and Folders, Windows Servers, Windows Clients, System State and BMR
- Backup of Azure IaaS VMs (preview)
- Encrypts the backup data using AES256 before sending the data to Azure datacenter over https link in order to ensure security
- Compresses the backup data before sending the data to Azure to provide efficient utilization of bandwidth and Azure storage
- Provides the choice of Locally Redundant Storage (LRS) and Geographically Redundant Storage (GRS) to store the backup data
- Learn more about Azure Backup and System Center DPM
- Click for a free Azure trial subscription, and download the latest Azure Backup agent to get started
- Need help? Reach out to the DPM forums and the Azure Backup forum for support
- Tell us how we can improve Azure Backup: contribute new ideas and up-vote existing ones